We are one week into the New Year and it’s very easy for those New Year’s Resolutions to come and go as quickly as the ball dropping in Times Square. For business owners and entrepreneurs, it is especially important to refocus where needed, build on your strengths and improve on your weaknesses, and kick off the year with resolutions that are realistic sustainable.
Here are 3 tips on how to keep your New Year’s Resolutions and boost your business:
1. Write down 5 New Year’s Resolutions and rank them. The New Year offers a fresh opportunity for reflection, brainstorming, and moving forward. While most people tend to reflect on the year that was and think of their New Year’s Resolutions, only a small percentage are inclined to take that extra step and write them down. By putting pen to paper (or jotting down a few notes on your smartphone), you immediately add tangibility and accountability to your resolutions.
After writing them down, think about each New Year’s Resolution and rank them in order of importance to you and your business. Need some help? Here are a few common questions to ask yourself to get you started:
- Do you need to boost your marketing and advertising to spur sales growth?
- Are you looking to generate more client referrals and reviews to boost business leads and sales?
- Are you looking to streamline production and workflow?
- Do you need to fill in knowledge or support gaps?
- Are you looking to connect or reconnect with new and existing customers?
By taking the time to write down and prioritize your New Year’s Resolutions, you can then come up with a plan to execute those goals. For example, if you are looking for advertising and marketing help, you can find a trusted business services provider such as your local Minuteman Press franchise to assist you by coming up with a customized action plan. They can also provide you with ample ideas to help you generate more referrals and connect with clients across multiple touchpoints. As small business owners themselves, your local Minuteman Press is in the unique position to support you and help your business grow by providing personalized customer service and professional design, printing, and marketing services.
2. Revisit your written New Year’s Resolutions throughout the year. It’s easy to get excited about a fresh list of business goals but the key is to not let those resolutions elude you and leave your mind. You should make it a point to look at your ranked list of your top 5 New Year’s Resolutions and add additional notes that show what you are doing to make them come true. If you see that you aren’t fulfilling your goals, then write down why you think you are not achieving them and take strides to make the necessary adjustments.
By holding yourself accountable to your resolutions, you will be more apt to accomplish your goals instead of letting the year – and your competition – simply pass you by.
3. Make it a point to celebrate your successes! When you do achieve your goals for the New Year, you should take a moment to celebrate each milestone. It’s always fun for business owners and employees to be recognized for a job well done and that kind of positive reinforcement will only serve to keep the momentum going.
In addition, it will be helpful to go back to your original list of ranked New Year’s Resolutions and add notes of reflection about how you achieved that goal and why you think you achieved it. This way, you have a record of both your successes and areas of improvement all in the same file.
Ultimately, New Year’s Resolutions are a great way to jumpstart your business. The key, of course, is to write them down, hold yourself accountable, and revisit them so you don’t let those desired goals slip away. By following the above guidelines, you are well on your way to a Happy New Year!
Looking for help achieving your New Year’s Resolutions? Find your local Minuteman Press design, printing, and marketing services provider at www.minutemanpress.com
To learn more about joining the #1 rated Minuteman Press franchise family, call us at 1-800-645-3006 or simply fill out the contact form on this page.