We Are The Modern Printing Industry
As a Minuteman Press franchise owner, you will have to unique ability to provide a wide variety of consumable products and services that are typically reordered on a regular basis. As our industries have grown, we have continued to add new products and services. Today, we print on virtually anything you can put a name image or logo on. This is just part of the reason that our industry and our business is in such a great position. Take a look at these industry statistics below...
- The print market as a whole was estimated at $85 billion in 2017. (source: Idealliance State of the Industry Update)
- Digital printing was a $34.7 billion industry in 2016, up 3% from the prior year. Total color page volumes increased 15%. (source: Caslon Report 2017)
- We can meet the demands of all businesses thanks to our digital printing capabilities. Never before have we been able to produce such high quality, multi-colored products. With these improvements in technology, the requirement for digital printing continues to grow.
- Print is consumable: There is a high repeat business factor in our industry. Combine that with a typically short reorder cycle, and it makes print a very attractive offering.
- Print doesn’t require a large inventory: Materials to produce jobs for clients are usually not purchased until the customer places and order and puts down a deposit.
- We produce many print jobs in-house: This gives us greater control over our cost of goods, quality and delivery time. This helps ensure happy customers.
- The promotional products market was a $23.6 billion industry in 2017, up 3.2% from the prior year. (source: ASI)
- Promotional products are powerful as they're helpful and have staying power. We can provide over 50,000 distinct items like pens, water bottles, mugs, key chains, bags, water bottles, USB memory sticks, plus even more.
They're fantastic for creating brand recognition and may be used in any way sorts of events like golf outings, trade shows, fundraisers and much more.
- Promotional Items are lasting forms of advertising as they are products that are useful. Brand awareness is more important than ever before, and promotional products enhance business brands because they reside in the homes, offices, and cars of customers.
- Direct Mail was a $46.8 billion industry in 2015, with advertising spending increasing 2.9%. (source: Winterberry Group via Direct Mail News)
- Direct Mail encompasses a wide variety of products and is one of the most cost effective ways to gain new clients and increase business with existing customers.
- Direct Mail is a very effective way for any business to reach existing and new clients. A properly run direct mail program with a powerful call to action remains a potent form of advertising. Thanks to our printing and marketing capacities, each Minuteman Press franchise can satisfy the marketing needs of their customers.
Wide Format & Inkjet Printing
- The inkjet / wide format printing market was estimated at $24.3 billion in 2017. (source: Smithers Pira)
- The wide format printing market has been exhibiting an annual growth rate of 6.1%. (source: Smithers Pira)
- Wide format printers are used to produce signs and banners, posters, car and truck wraps, wall graphics, and any other large format items such as large-size photos, artwork and blueprints.
- Inkjet printing is used to print on various papers, plastics, or substrates.
- Promotional apparel sales added up to over $7.3 billion in 2016, accounting for 34.3% of the promotional products industry. (source: PPAI)
- Promotional apparel goes a very long way in raising brand awareness and reinforcing brand identity to your clientele.
The Modern Printing Industry – Other Revenue Streams
- Brand Identity: We have the expertise to help a business establish and strengthen their brand identity. We can ensure that our clients are using the proper logo, colors, style and design so that their brand will be properly recognized by their customers.
- Creative Design: Brand name recognition is more important than ever before, and it all starts with creative design. We can help develop a client's image and messaging and communicate it to their target audience.
- Marketing Consulting: Helping businesses develop a marketing strategy that makes sense for them and utilizes our products and services is at the core of what we do.
- Shipping Services: Some of our franchise locations do offer shipping services for businesses. Because profit margins are much lower for shipping than our other products and services, owner participation is optional and tends to be low.
- Trade Show Supplies: From business cards and catalogs to booth displays and banners, businesses count on us to provide them with all of the printed marketing materials they need to run a successful trade show.
- Website Design: In the modern world, every business requires a well-designed site to communicate with its customer base. A large majority of print advertising integrates cross media marketing which will drive traffic, and we can make certain that print and digital (including desktop and mobile sites ) work together to help our customers grow.
It’s a never ending expansion of products and services that we can bring to our customers. One thing I really love about the Minuteman organization is the way we have transformed the business from the early days of being quick print business to where we are today as a marketing service company. The continual layering of services and products is going to just allow us to continue to grow and expand with our current customers and attract new customers.
Lehigh Valley, PA - Owner Since 1989
Take a look at the wide variety of products & services you can offer
Request more information about our unique business model
What Our Owners Say About The Modern Printing Industry